Dmitri Ivanov, PhD, Assistant Professor- CPRIT Scholar in Cancer Research
|Education:||B.Sc. Biophysics, St. Petersburg State University,|
B.S. Physics, Northeastern University
Ph.D. Biophysics and Structural Biology, Brandeis University
|Post Doctoral:||Harvard Medical School|
1. Assembly of DNA-repair machinery 2. HIV assembly
In our lab we are trying to understand how physical interactions at protein interfaces determine biological outcomes. We are particularly interested in the assembly of higher-order macromolecular structures such as viral shells or multi-subunit cellular machines. Inhibition of protein-protein interactions remains one of the major challenges and opportunities of modern molecular pharmacology, and one of the goals of our studies is to identify critical contacts on protein interfaces that could potentially be blocked for therapeutic purposes. We also develop novel drug-discovery strategies that combine NMR spectroscopy, computational methods and chemical biology tools.
- Contribution of SUMO-interacting motifs and SUMOylation to the antiretroviral properties of TRIM5α
Brandariz-Nuñez A, Roa A, Valle-Casuso JC, Biris N, Ivanov D, Diaz-Griffero F
Virology: 2012-10-16; (); Epub: 2012-10-16.
PMID: 23084420   LINK:
- Structure of the rhesus monkey TRIM5α PRYSPRY domain, the HIV capsid recognition module.
Biris N, Yang Y, Taylor AB, Tomashevski A, Guo M, Hart PJ, Diaz-Griffero F, Ivanov DN
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A: 2012-08-14; 109(33); 13278-83 Epub: 2012-07-30.
PMID: 22847415   LINK:
- RAG2 PHD finger couples histone H3 lysine 4 trimethylation with V(D)J recombination.
Matthews AG, Kuo AJ, Ramón-Maiques S, Han S, Champagne KS, Ivanov D, Gallardo M, Carney D, Cheung P, Ciccone DN, Walter KL, Utz PJ, Shi Y, Kutateladze TG, Yang W, Gozani O, Oettinger MA
Nature: 2007-12-13; 450(7172); 1106-10 Epub: 2007-11-21.
PMID: 18033247   LINK:
- Structural basis for the recruitment of ERCC1-XPF to nucleotide excision repair complexes by XPA.
Tsodikov OV, Ivanov D, Orelli B, Staresincic L, Shoshani I, Oberman R, Schärer OD, Wagner G, Ellenberger T
EMBO J: 2007-11-14; 26(22); 4768-76 Epub: 2007-10-18.
PMID: 17948053   LINK:
- Domain-swapped dimerization of the HIV-1 capsid C-terminal domain.
Ivanov D, Tsodikov OV, Kasanov J, Ellenberger T, Wagner G, Collins T
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A: 2007-03-13; 104(11); 4353-8 Epub: 2007-03-05.
PMID: 17360528   LINK:
Complete Publication Listing